Skip to content

July 12, 2012

Barbecue Safety – Disposable barbecues

by BBQ Insanity

Here at BBQInsanity we care deeply about barbecue safety. It’s cool to be insane about barbecue but important to be safe too!

Sadly this is not always the case. Last year alone, 7 people in the UK died from carbon monoxide poisoning in barbecue related incidents. They unfortunately made the mistake bringing a used disposable barbecue back into their tent before sleeping.

Those small disposable barbecue trays seem like they wouldn’t do any damage but they do! Even if it is not visibly smoking, and the embers have died down, even if the coals are not hot anymore, they still emit carbon monoxide! Strange to think that something so innocuous can be so dangerous.

Don’t get us wrong, here at BBQInsanity we love those little disposable barbecues, they are so handy if you are on the road and just want to quickly and easily grill some burgers. But it’s important not to underestimate the potential danger they pose.

So when camping, follow these simple rules.
1. Never pitch your tent close to a barbecue. Fumes can travel, especially if there is little wind.
2. Never ever take a disposable barbecue into your tent, not even into the outside compartment.

If we can save one life by writing this article, it’s worth it. Stay safe folks. We want everyone to come back safe from every barbecue.

Leave a Reply

Note: HTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to comments

required
required